Skip to main content

Another day at the office......... two

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicago Views

a different kind of pop art

* dad , daddy , pa , papa, pop *my pop is the father of six girls and a self taught artist. One of my first memories of his art is a mural he did in charcoal on a large red wall in our living room. It was a stagecoach with horses, it seemed to jump off the wall into the room.  I loved it. He also created  a barn 'look' on the second floor landing of our house. Complete with split rail fencing used for the stair rail - the only thing between us and certain death was termite ridden timber. But, it looked fabulous! Our house had only one bathroom and with seven females in the house including my Mom, you can imagine how my Dad felt the need to make his mark (so to speak) in the one room he really had no control over. T hus, began our summer spent retrieving rocks from the river; for what would become the most famous bathroom in town. It was a good size room with a long wall of mirrors, a claw foot tub, the essential toilet and a window.  Pop's idea was to

hip to be square

With a stack of pretty paper squares and double stick tape - my closet/dressing room is starting to take shape.      The funky light is an old metal basket with a filament blub (a flea find.)  The paper squares are normally used for scrapbooking. I'll add photos and art.  TA DA ...My very own scrapbook wall! The art (Lovely As A Tree) peeking thru the light fixture is by A.L. Burke. LOVE. http://funnyskullgrin.tumblr.com/ This is a jewelry stand. Jumped for joy when I found this! A favorite dress. I Found this Beth Frank one of  a kind belt at an estate sale. The sign on the door stated no kids, but the boy and I went in anyway. He held my hand, we smiled at the lady with the stern look and walked right to the table where this and two other belts were. I didn't decide right away and thought we should keep moving before we were asked to leave and I could think about w